Tuesday, September 21, 2010

True Stories from Our Lives

In class we have been writing in the genre of personal narrative - true stories from our lives. The wonderful thing about this genre is that the ideas for our stories are already here for us - we just have to remember them and write them down!

One strategy for thinking of ideas is to notice an object, then let that object spark a memory. For example, I might notice the tape dispenser on my desk:

I'm going to let that spark a memory for me... hmm... I remember when I was 10 and my brothers discovered that they could use tape to make crazy faces, taping their noses up, their eyebrows down, etc. I could write a story about that memory!
So now writers, you try it! Here are some objects to get you started. Spend a moment on each one, and write down any memories that get sparked!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One time it was one of my basketball contest.
Then one of our best players broke there arms a few days ago so she could'nt play so we were so surprised to here thise news!
Then it was time... We worked extra hard and gusee what happened!
we won!
now that is my story for the basket ball.

Claire

Anonymous said...

that sunglase is cool....





-Faith

Anonymous said...

sunglasses are like my moms they are cool




keerthi

Anonymous said...

I WANT THE CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!qUINN

Anonymous said...

on the 2nd picture it looks like you can fall through the ground


Quinn